Bel-Con Recognized with Quinte Business Achievement Award
You like us! You really like us!
It was a delightful surprise for the team at Bel-Con to be nominated for this year's Quinte Business Achievement Awards. Even more thrilling was to hear Bel-Con's name called out as the recipients of the Trade Service Business of the Year at Friday's QBAA Gala event.
The QBA Awards are given out each year to recognize business excellence in the Bay of Quinte region. The awards ceremony is the finale to Quinte Business Week which sees members of the region's four chambers of commerce (Belleville, Brighton-Cramahe, Prince Edward County, and Quinte West) join together to network and celebrate. This year's awards included over 90 nominees in 11 categories.
On hand to accept the award were Bel-Con's co-owners Tom Gunsinger and Michelle Stephens. Tom paid tribute to Bel-Con founders Bill White and Barry Brown, and recognized the consistent efforts of the entire Bel-Con team who are dedicated to constructing the buildings which are home to so many great local businesses. Most importantly, Tom acknowledged credit to the families of the Bel-Con team for supporting them in their efforts in what is not often a 9 to 5 kind of work day. He closed by suggesting everyone in the audience should thank and hug their families for being a part of their own business success.
Winners of the 2015 Quinte Business Achievement Awards
- Retail Business of the Year – Taste of Country, Belleville.
- Hospitality/Tourism Business of the Year – Sandbanks Estate Winery, Wellington.
- Regulated Professional Service – The Right Fit Inc., Belleville.
- Specialized Service – Alarm Systems/Falcon Security, Belleville.
- Trade Service Business of the Year – Bel-Con Design-Builders Ltd., Belleville.
- Manufacturing/Industrial Business of the Year – Pentair Thermal Management, Trenton.
- New Business of the Year – iDesigns Optical, Trenton.
- Not for Profit Business of the Year – Care & Share Food Bank Trenton.
- Agribusiness of the Year – Everdean Farms and Greenhouses, Picton.
- Sustainability Business of the Year – Harwood Estate Vineyards, Hillier.
- Trailblazer of the Year – Tri-County Plastics, Brighton.
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year – Rebecca Brown, The Pink Lunch Pail, Milford.
- Business Person of the Year – Eben James Senior, Trenton Cold Storage.
- Business Excellence of the Year – Deca Cables, Trenton