Bel-Con's Tree Decorating Challenge for #ChristmasSharing2020
Not even COVID-19 could stop Bel-Con's Tree Decorating Challenge! Once again we challenged some of our clients to have FUN decorating a good, old-fashioned Christmas tree from Paul Martin at Denmar Farms.
This Year's Contestants Were:
- Autosystem Plant 1
- Autosystems Plant 2
- Autosystems Plant 3
- Triangle Fluid Controls
- Cascades Containerboard Packaging
- Rosebush Fuels
- Alliance Custom Fabrication
- The Safety Guys
- Minimax Express
- Quinte Builders Hardware
- SafeStart – 2019 Defending Champions
Naturally, we saved a tree for ourselves.
What Are The Stakes?
Same rules as in past years, each of our contestants decorated their tree, competing for a donation that we make on behalf of our "winners" to Christmas Sharing, a local charity helping needy families have a Merry Christmas. Winners also have bragging rights until the following year!
The "prizes" are:
- First place ‘wins’ a donation to Christmas Sharing of $500
- Second place ‘wins’ a donation to Christmas Sharing of $300
- Third place ‘wins’ a donation to Christmas Sharing of $200
- Non-Traditional Tree, a.k.a. “Wackiest Tree” ‘wins’ a donation to Christmas Sharing of $300
- Best Covid Themed Tree ‘wins’ a donation to Christmas Sharing of $200
- Special QVSS award for those who were socially distancing with individual entries will ‘win’ a donation to Christmas Sharing of $100
Can you believe that, this year we enlisted the help of six (6) judges? Competition was tough as always and the judging panel awarded a multi-winner tie!
Our 2020 Winners Are:
Alliance Custom Fabricating
Second Place – a 4 way tie, yes seriously!
The Safety Guys and
Triangle Fluid Controls
Quinte Builders Hardware
In a new category – Non-Traditional Tree, a.k.a. “Wackiest Tree” the winner comes from the “Half-a-Bubble-off-of-Level” crew at SafeStart.
And we also added a category for this year only! – Best Covid Themed Tree – Durabla
Plus, we have one more award to follow, for the EIGHT trees submitted by the QVSS we had to go to a tie-breaker…….the trees were all so beautiful. But in the end the winning tree and $100 donation to Christmas Sharing will be made on behalf of Tree #8.
We will be donating a total of $1,600 in prize money to the Christmas Sharing program. Thanks once again to all this year's contestants. Not only have they made the industrial park a little brighter and FUN, they've also done their part to make it a brighter Christmas for some families in our community as well!